Automatic Sliding Door Automatic Swing Door Low Energy Door
There are 10 million disabled people living in Britain. For retailers operating in a country with a population of 64 million people, that is around 1 in 6 of their potential target audience. With such a large percentage of people likely to have some form of disability, it is important that their needs are catered for just as much as able bodied customers. The introduction of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) in 1995, which was subsequently replaced by the Equality Act, seeks to address this.
The act pushes retailers to take reasonable steps to alter any physical barriers which would make it difficult for less able individuals to access the products or services that they offer. When making adjustments to their business premises, retailers should ensure:
- All customers share a similar level of access to products and services.
- They are aware of their obligations under the DDA, with staff able to understand and respect the needs of the less able.
- Where possible change the access and/or layout of business premises to ensure that it is accessible to all.
- The needs of disabled customers are anticipated and premises examined to identify any potential areas of difficulty.
- All changes comply with relevant regulations.
We know that disabled customers feel more valued when they are able to independently access and use the products and services they require. For that reason retailers can implement a number of measures to make life easier. These include:
- Installing ramps or lifts to counter steps
- Ensuring all routes are free from obstructions and clearly identified
- Installing automatic doors and shop fronts
At DRS Doors we can help to ensure that retailers comply with the legislation. Our range of commercial doors includes a choice of automatic sliding and swing doors, and low energy doors. All are manufactured at our own factory, with customers able to select from a wide choice of designs and finishes. With a highly experienced team of installers, we are confident of being able to supply and fit a door which perfectly complements the entrance to your business premises.
If you would like more information about our range of automatic sliding and swing commercial doors, do not hesitate to get in touch and speak to us. You can call us on 0845 226 2823 or drop us an email to email@example.com.